Thursday, November 6, 2008

THING #7C

Motivation is a very important if you wish the students to "grasp" the ideas you are presenting. Often times we look over a classroom of young people and "assume" they are hearing everything we are sharing with them. Its difficult for a teacher, that wants to make a difference, to sometimes realize there are students that don't really care what you are attempting to share. That's one of the hardest things I learned when I first started teaching.
Now that I am a "seasoned" teacher....its STILL one of the hardest things I'm learning.
While scanning my EduBlog Insights, I came across a blog entitled Relection Thing-Aloud 1 by Anne Davis, which I found relevant. The last paragraph Ms. Davis wrote made me stop and think:

"We need to encourage our students to tell the story of what they are learning - not just a regurgitation of the facts but one where they explore how they might use these facts or share how they have applied those learning of facts to something that is going on in their lives. Students need help putting their experiences into words."

Blogging would be a great way for students to do just that....EXPLORE!!!!

No comments: