Friday, November 7, 2008

THING #19

Voicethread was an interesting tool for me. It allowed the students to demonstrate their knowledge in a unique way, other than projects, tests, etc. The Venn Diagram on the heart was very informative and I can see this helping the students remember the parts and workings of the heart. The Measuring Volume of Weird Objects would be helpful in the science lab. It actually would allow the students to explain how to measure and show a visual demonstration.

I found an interesting voicethread about College Exploration that spurred a few ideas for using it in my classroom. The information in this voicethread was really good, but it would probably need to be fine-tuned to fit my particular classroom. During the later part of the year, we investigate information about colleges. We look at requirements, admittance, and the colleges themselves. This might be just the ticket to have the students tell the information they obtained through their investigations.
I am curious about privacy though. I know we're not allowed to show pictures of the students on the internet without permission from parents, so would voicethread require permission too?

2 comments:

maryw said...

Pictures of students may be posted online as long as the students are not identified by name.

Debbie said...

I think if you can't identify the student with a picture and name you should be fine.