Saturday, November 29, 2008

THING #23

When I joined ning.com, I started scanning through the subjects, and was overwhelmed, to say the least. I did find a few things that caught my attention. One was a blog directed toward learning Spanish. When I started looking into it further, I found a really great tool for my personal use. It actually worked in a flashcard format. First, it revealed a sentence, then it verbally gave you the sentence in Spanish. I've looked at this format before, but it usually cost a lot of money for software, that you may or may not use. There have been so many times when I wanted to know "How" to say something in Spanish, and now I have a place to go ask and feel comfortable asking. This is a novel concept, and I feel this could be useful in learning more Spanish. With our demographics changing in Mesquite, this could be beneficial.
After looking at the aforementioned blog, I ventured into my personal interests and found a really interesting blog on photography. I actually posted, revealing I'm new to photography (can't really count the millions of family pics over the years) and would like to learn more about improving the quality of my photography. I am hoping to find information on how to look for the perfect shots, what equipment is the best, and just ideas in general.
I found a blog on a tool I have heard of before, and actually haven't thought about in a while, and wondered if Mesquite has access to these? Sounds like a way to get the students interested in competing to get answers correct. I know when we have board races, they really get excited on the competition. It would be like their very own Jeopardy game in the classroom, and being able to quickly share the right answer could be fun!

1 comment:

Deryl said...

We do have some of the student response systems in Mesquite but most are currently on our elementary campuses. Our only Middle School currently with these tools is Terry. Over time as dollars will allow these tools will be added to other campuses.