Sunday, November 30, 2008

Summary is Impossible

First, I'd like to thank Kelly Soliz for helping me through this experience. In the beginning, I believed I had made a mistake and honestly considered dropping the course. I felt ignorant and depressed with the first few lessons, and I don't remember feeling this way about past courses. Kelly pushed me to keep moving forward, and I thank her for that push.
After finally beginning to catch on to the "things", I can't even begin to explain all the "things" I've learned in this class. I signed up with the thought that I would learn a few tricks on the computer. I walked away overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge I've gained.
First, I never would have believed I would have my own blog. And I certainly would not have believed how easy it was to start my own blog. All the tools are at your fingertips. All the toys are there to choose from. All of it was amazing to me!
Linking sites of my own interest was so simple! Now, I know I can not only add sites to my blogs, but I can add feeders, pictures, slideshows, maps, youtube and teachertube videos, puzzles, other peoples' blogs, and more. It's never been easier to follow someone's site, without having to remember the URL to physically access it. Now it is so easy...and right on my blog.
Knowing we will have access to Google, in my opinion, will allow us to use many of the technological items we have been introduced to. Teachertube would bring collaborative techniques into the classroom. Flickr and Creative Commons would allow the students to possibly access pictures which were relevant to their research.
I can see a great deal of potential in using Google Docs. Teachers could collaborate on lesson plans, ideas for projects, things that have worked for them in the classroom, etc.
I love the Delicious bookmarks. I can now access my bookmarks no matter who's computer I am on or where I am. That's a great tool, in my opinion.
I will admit there are two things I've learned I am still not comfortable with, but I believe with time, I might change that. I still have difficulty with Podcasting and wiki.
I want everyone to know, in my opinion, 23things was, by far, the best course I have ever taken part in in my years of PFK classes. I have learned more valuable information than ever before, and believe I can take this information back to the classroom.

3 comments:

maryw said...

You did it! Congratulations on completing the 23 things and learning so much in the process. I can't wait to see what you will do and how your kids will benefit from what you have learned.

Kelly said...

Yeah, Cynthia!!! I am so glad that we were able to do this together. It has truly been fun (well, except for the wiki)! I have something new to teach you, too. It's called moodle =)

Debbie said...

Congratulations! Your blog looks great and you have learned so much. It's been a pleasure reading your thoughts.