Monday, November 24, 2008

THING #20

We actually collaborated on a document in Google Doc. We decided to share some of our funniest "moments" with things students have said in class. At first it was difficult for me, because I went totally brain-dead when I tried to think of things. A lot of the things that made me laugh were during our "Abstinence" training, and a bit colorful for this venue. I know I've heard a million things my students have said, that have made me laugh, but recalling them for this project was difficult. Regardless of the actually content of our Google Doc, I think it has endless possibilities.
Many times in ICT we discuss different ideas of how to make our lessons more beneficial to the students. I can see this as a "brain storming" forum to share thoughts within out department. It could cover anything from projects we might be considering, to grading projects. I can also see this as a collaborative effort, within the entire school. This could be the tool needed to discuss improvements in curriculum or campus improvements. As I stated, the possibilities are endless!!
On a personal note, I believe this tool would be useful in compiling some of my writings. I often come up with thoughts, and don't write them down. Later, I try to remember what I was thinking, and can't remember a thing. (This is probably an age thing, but hey...its better than the alternative.) This could be useful in allowing me to write down the thoughts, and then return at a later time to decide what I will do with them.

3 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Well, be thankful you still come up with "thoughts" '-)

I have the same problem.

Mrs. M said...

Could you share your document with me? I have some funny moments!

Debbie said...

The "funniest" moments is a great idea. I don't know how many times I've tried to remember things and they are just gone.