Friday, November 7, 2008

THING #22

Okay, I'm getting ahead of the lessons. I'm sure I'll have to edit this in the future, but I just have to tell you about my Facebook experience!!!

Well, I did it. I swore to my daughter, about 6 years ago I would NEVER have a Facebook or My Space, and now I do. My daughter has shared hers with me numerous times...."look at this, Mom".... "Do you remember so-and-so.....look at them now!"....."Guess who is engaged, Mom!!".
And I can honestly say, there were times when I was almost asleep for the night that she would wake me to show me something on her Facebook or MySpace. Quite often it was entertaining to look at her book and "ohhhh" and "ahhhhh". But then....there was that night when she wanted me to look at her pictures. It was my first introduction to the word "keg stand". It was my "proudest" moment to see my innocent, young daughter doing a keg stand at a fraternity party.
Okay, maybe Facebook, MySpace, and moi don't have a completely positive past, but I must admit, Facebook is interesting.
I opened an account and posted a few pictures. Of course, when it said you could actually post a picture on your profile, I started looking for one. I finally found one I semi-liked that was only 5-6 years old. I justified my choice with the fact that anyone would read my FaceBook probably already KNOWS what I look like, so it didn't matter what picture I put in the profile.
So...now that I have the initial experience, I guess I'll try MySpace too!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

so what is your facebook account?

Debbie said...

Just think of the conversations you are having with your daughter that you may have not had if you didn't have the Facebook in common.