Saturday, November 8, 2008

About Facebook

Okay, I just want to say....this is STRANGE!!!
I signed on to facebook for this course, and all of a sudden I'm getting "request to add" from all these people. Don't get me wrong, because this is really cool, but I added a friend of my son's, I haven't seen in ten years, tonight. And there are so many of the teachers at my school that have facebook, and I never even realized it.
After opening a facebook page, I'm finding the word spreads very quickly (But most of the adds are my children's friends from past and present). I've even added my son's ex-girlfriends. Tell me that's not a bit strange!! I've gone from 0 to 17 friends in such a short time. This is just a bit overwhelming. I have had to request tutoring from my daughter on how to answer the posts I'm receiving on my "wall".
I can see how it could become addictive for the younger generation, but I still feel it is designed for the younger generation. Why didn't they have this when I was in college????

Are we suppose to link our facebook here?

No comments: